The next update for Magicmaker has finally arrived! This update comes along with the release of Steam Greenlight™, a fantastic addition to Valve's Steam distribution service that allows players like you to vote on what games can be added to the Steam Game Store.
This update brings even more new materials, two new difficulty levels, and higher material grades! Be sure to check it out by visiting the Download Page- there's never been a better time to make some magic!
You can check out Magicmaker's entry on Greenlight HERE.
- Five new materials:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Guillotine Blade
- Philosopher's Stone
- Explosive Powder
- Two new difficulties have been added: Master's and Doctorate.
- Each Zone has unique, area-specific ways of ramping up the difficulty level besides adding monster health/damage.
- Several new quests have been added to utilize new materials and difficulties.
- Zones now have unique minibosses and events from which to obtain gems in addition to the normal gem containers
- The Bachelor's difficulty forest has a new background track.
- Damage and Recovery numbers are now more clearly communicated
- Associate's and Bachelor's difficulties have been rebalanced
- Associate's was made slightly easier
- Bachelor's was also made easier
- The player's mana regeneration rate has been doubled
- Items are now collected within a small radius around the player, rather than only via direct contact
- This allows the player to more easily loot coins that fall into tiny cracks, etc.
- Quests that have you talk to other NPCs as a requirement now indicate those NPCs with a white arrow.
- Illusion Dust on robes has been significantly buffed, and now requires fewer spellcasts to get the effect.
- The Forest Boss now more clearly indicates its attack patterns.
- The Forest Boss's Ichor Drop component now orbits further from the core
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to overload spell slots with extra materials and occasionally lose them to the void
- Gem objects are now immune to knockback effects.
- Fairies now properly respond to knockback effects.
- Random spell appearance now equally weights all material types.
- Fixed a crash related to opening certain treasure chests
- Fixed a bug where manasteal and lifesteal shared the same cooldown timer
NOTE: Old save files will not transfer between the previous version and this one. There have been changes to how we preserve your data. Attempting to copy over your save file will just overwrite it with this new build.