Greetings! An updated version of Magicmaker is now available to download! This update is the final piece of the art rework before we resume development on new content. Catch it on our recently renovated Download Page, and check out the patch notes below!
A huge thank you to our growing forum community for helping us track down many of the bugs that were fixed in this update. If you'd like to join the conversation, we'd love to hear from you!
- The Desert Zone has been updated to fit with the new art style
- The enemies have been re-imagined but are functionally similar to their old forms
- Artifacts and major quest items have had their icons and textures improved
- All artifacts now float next to the player for consistency
- Spellblade of Avenging has received a new animation
- Gold and other money objects have updated art.
- The Castle Zone's Doctorate difficulty now has it's own music track
- Menus will now fade out the background for clarity
- Updated level previews to fit new art style
- Added new layouts for Desert level generation
- No more than 6 graves will now be spawned in the graveyard.
- Graves now lose collision when destroyed
- Player can now drown
- Fixed an issue with the customization menu's z-order
- Fixed a bug where the player's hat would turn white upon meeting the costumer for the first time
- Fixed an issue where the player's wardrobe selection would be doubled when starting a new game
- Reverted hubworld to daytime
- Fixed an exploit where the tutorial could be set to various difficulties
- Fixed an issue where players could collect INVALID_QUEST_ITEMs instead of meaningful things
- Fixed a bug where the hubworld level file was being read incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where falling into the Desert Boss's sand traps would reset the fight
- Fixed an issue where the Desert Boss's suction head would sometimes absorb surrounding buildings
- Fixed an issue where the coffin in the Castle Zone would endlessly drop loot.
- Vultures (now harpies) can no longer drag the player out of portals
- Fixed an issue where the Castle treasure room was using outdated assets
- Fixed an issue with saving randomly generated spells
- Fixed an issue where active quests would be duplicated when loading a saved game
Under the Hood:
- Various improvements to memory management
- Optimized NPC animations
- Removed a LOT of unused files to reduce download size