Wizards! New frontiers await! But not beyond the horizon, no, this update takes us to the frozen caverns deep below the surface! Download the latest update on our Download Page and get exploring!
This update brings a lot of huge system changes along with new content. Don't get caught unaware, catch the patch notes below!
- The Cavern Zone has been added, including
- New enemies
- Destroyable terrain
- A unique boss battle
- New Artifacts:
- Stella's Incendiary Tome
- Periwinkle's Fairy Companion
- Merry's Bottled Storm / Merry's Bottled Nothing
- Bibi's Chaotic Evil Ring
- Angry Gorgon Head
- Izzy's Bookmark
- Brand new quests for all areas!
- New customization items
- A 1000 magicmeter dash has been added as a training course
- Several rare rooms have been added to various zones
- Beehives have been added to the forest
- The robe can now be upgraded to four slots
- The font has been updated for improved readability and the safety of our players' vision
- All material, artifact, and drop icons have been updated to the new art style
- Some materials have color adjustments
- Slime Heart is now Bouncy Ball
- Score Attack mode has been added! Earn points by being a master wizard and get rewards for expert spellslinging on any difficulty!
- We will be iterating on this system and improving functionality over the next few updates.
- The quest and progression system has been massively overhauled. Once completing the first forest mission, access to all areas is granted.
- Each area has two story quests and two side quests. This may be expanded upon in the future.
- Text and story are subject to change
- Basic graphic settings are now available to make the game more playable on lower-end computers
- Enemies now have a chance to drop health restoring crystals in addition to their other loot
- NPCs now walk around and exhibit more personality
- Passing by an NPC without a quest tree will cause their chatter to display in a balloon above their head
- The player's walk animation now reacts to how fast you are moving
- Skill icons now have two colors instead of one
- Right-clicking now exits menus
- Double-clicking a material in your inventory will slot the highest available grade
- The file-select menu is now displays more progress information
- Shade Spirit now charms enemies instead of fearing them
- Charmed enemies attack nearby enemies
- Enemies can only be charmed in certain health thresholds, depending on material grade, etc.
- Chaos Butterfly's power boost per redirect is now additive instead of multiplicative
- Vampire Tooth on robe now boosts healing effects instead of passively regenerating health
- Rune on robe now reduces the mana cost of spells per cast for a short period of time
- This effect stacks with repeated casts
- Caustic Ichor on spells has had its power boost reduced slightly
- Rift Crystal spells are now more dependent on spellpower (enchanting has greater effect, less effective on wands/benign spells)
- Enemies will now spread fire on death or on fire tick, instead of on-collision
- Grudge Talisman's damage boost has been increased to 100% from 20%
- Pocket Tombstone's activation threshold has been increased to 30% from 20%
- Bazel's Hourglass of Regret's channel time reduced to 2 seconds from 3
- Lantern of the Mist Banshee has been renamed to Lantern of the Spectral Maid
- Spellblade of Avenging has been renamed to Spellblade of the Legion
- Jin's Lucky Dagger has been temporarily removed.
- Fixed an issue where lightning lasers were not drawing properly
- Fixed a bug with execute spells on multi-object enemies
- Fixed a crash involving the forest boss and stealth robes
- Fixed a bug where rune crystals would blink while the game is paused
- Fixed a bug where exiting a boss portal would reset the difficulty of the area to Associate's
- Fixed an issue where the player would fall through the world at high haste values
- Ensured the player has all of the basic equipment before allowing them to leave the tutorial (for real this time)
- Soul Contract spells now take into consideration power boosts when doing a suicide prevention check
- Fixed a bug where Tipsy would get tongue-tied
Under the Hood
- Fixed a memory leak with Spellblade of Avenging
- Removed many unused textures and other files